Harrington Spitfire AC Petrol Welding Generator HGI XK200P AC Welder
All Spitfre welders are designed and manufactured to withstand years of tough and demanding use. Frames are made from 14g (2mm) steel tube and 12g (2.5m) folded sheet. Axles are solid 25mm bar. All anti vibration mounts are nitrile oil resistant for a long life. Spitfire welding generators perform 3 tasks in one machine , as well as welding, they gives a good quality 230V axillary power output, with an option to switch to a site safe 110V.
The Harington Spitfire is one of the best selling portable petrol welding generators in the UK and the AC and DC welder (Model depending) with AC auxillery power,it is a perfect site solution. If your choice is the DC model then there is no need to switch from welding to auxilliary output, just stop welding and start grinding
The Harrington (HGI) range of petrol welders offers technological expertise that brings together power and performance in a safe and robust package giving the operator reduced maintenance and operating costs. The sets use the Honda range of industrial engines that carry a 2 Year warranty. t
Which Model is best for your needs (AC or DC) ?
A HGI Spitfire DC welding set can weld and give auxiliary power at the same time for example you do not have to go back to the machine to switch between welding current and power output . However an AC welder will give the operator a greater auxiliary power over its DC equivalent ideal for running larger grinders.
DC always provides the most stable arc and gives a more even metal transfer than AC. Once struck the DC remains continuous. When welding with AC the arc extinguishes and restrikes 100 times a second as the current and voltage reverse direction. A DC arc has good wetting action of the molten weld metal and a uniform bead size at low welding currents. For this reason it is excellent for welding thin sections.
The Duty cycle
The Duty Cycle is the percentage of time a welding machine can be used continuously. A 60% Duty Cycle means that out of every 10 minutes, the machine can be used for 6 minutes at the maximum rated current. When providing power at this level, it must be cooled off for four minutes in every 10. The Duty Cycle increases as the amperage is lowered and decreases for higher amperages. Most welding machines weld at a 60% rate
- Rated Output 2.75kVA & 5.0kVA 2.75kVA & 5.0kVA
- Welding Output 200 Amp AC
- Voltages 110/220 Volts
- Power Factor / Frequency Unity / 50 Hz
- Socket Configuration 110 Volt 1 x 16 Amp 230 Volt 1 x 16 Amp
- Auxiliary Output 110 Volt 3.0, 230 Volt 6.0
- Engine Genuine Honda Engine Model GX390
- Starting System Recoil
- Speed 3000rpm
- Fuel Tank Capacity 6.5 Ltr
- Run Time (Hrs @ 75% Load) 3.0 Hrs
- Sound Level dB(A) @ 7 Mtrs 72
- Cooling System Forced Air Cooled
- Alternator Sincro - Single Bearing - Two Pole – Insulation Class H – Capacitor Controlled ±5%
- Make / Model Sincro EW200
- Rated Output 7.5kVA/220A AC
- Frame Material / Paint Constructed from Tubular Mild Steel – Polyester Powder Coated Red
- Frame Dimensions LxWxH (mm) 845x530x560
- Trolley Dimensions LxWxH (mm) 1006x580x720
- Weight Kg 95
- Duty Cycle 200 Amps @ 35% 170 Amps @ 60%